Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Siblings

Remember Aries from a couple of postings ago?
How could anyone forget this face?
Photobucket

Well, Aries has a brother named Mick. Here's a beautiful
picture of Mick during his first visit to the snow.
Photobucket
"We got Mick first - the week after I was laid off. I figured if I was going to be around more then I should have a friend. About a year later I saw Aries free on Craigslist. She looked like a big version of Mick so we visited her (crazy reason to get a dog). Mick liked her and we took her home. She was so scared and uncomfortable but slowly became part of the family. I can't imagine life without her! She's my bodyguard!" ~Heather


Gone, but not forgotten...

"I just lost my Queensland Heeler, Shiloh. She was a rescue - she was 14. It'll be 2 weeks on Sunday (8/16/09)."
Photobucket

When asked about taking in another dog, Aimee said, "...not sure my other dog is ready for a new housemate." Her other dog is Astro, shown here.
Photobucket

Here's Aimee with Cecelia (black dog) and Amanda Marie (white dog), both now in doggy heaven. "Cecelia lived to 13 and Mandy until 17. Both were rescues, as are all of my dogs."
Photobucket

The only way to understand how hard it is to lose a dog is to actually experience it. Although losing Shiloh is devastating for Aimee (and I'm sure Astro), I think she can take solace in the wonderful care she has given all of her dogs, which have been rescues. Sometimes there is no way of knowing how horrible a life a rescued dog had before finding a loving home. To see Aimee's dogs live to be ages like 17 is indicative of the nurturing care they received from her. Never underestimate the power of being an amazing doggie mommy (or daddy)! ~KS

Tribute to a Best Friend


Sunlight streams through window pane onto a spot on the floor.....

then I remember,

it's where you used to lie, but now you are no more.



Our feet walk down a hall of carpet, and muted echoes sound.....

then I remember,

it's where your paws would joyously abound.



A voice is heard along the road, and up beyond the hill,

then I remember,

it can't be yours..... your golden voice is still.



But I'll take that vacant spot of floor and empty muted hall,

and lay them with the absent voice and unused dish along the wall.


I'll wrap these treasured memories in a blanket of my love,

and keep them for my best friend until we meet above.



Author Unknown



No comments:

You Might Also Like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails