Saturday, November 7, 2009

Abby

Photobucket
I am so excited to introduce you to Abby. She is almost 12 weeks old and was just adopted by my friend Robin through a C.A.R.E. adoption event in Campbell.

Photobucket
Abby is a Dachshund mix with the most beautiful coloring. Look at those eyebrows! She is small, "just like I ordered", says Robin.

Photobucket
She's getting used to a new house and new environment, which includes running up and down the hallway. There are many playful moments, which, as we all know, is the most fun part of having a new puppy.

Photobucket
Awe....so far, Abby is sleeping through the night. When Robin gets up in the morning, she can hear Abby's tail thumping with excitement in the crate. Even in the dark, she knows it's almost time to get up! Robin does admit that she and her husband are learning right along with their "very cute" puppy. There have been some accidents and usually correlate to times when the puppy is too quiet. "She likes to chew on my shoe laces and I don't mind, because that means I know where she is!"

I'm very happy for my friend, because she is very maternal and nurturing and needed (in my opinion) a new love to take care of. Robin and her husband Darrell, recently lost their elderly dog, Missy. She had a beautiful long life and has only been gone a couple of months, so the addition of Abby to their family has brought a much needed sparkle of life and love to their Cupertino household. I haven't met Abby yet, but I'll be working on it. Can't wait!

"Puppies are nature's remedy for feeling unloved, plus numerous other ailments of life."

Richard Allan Palm



No comments:

You Might Also Like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails