Sunday, November 29, 2009

My Crooked-Eared Dingo

Photobucket
Today, as I looked down at my Dingo, I noticed the increasing grey around his eyes, mouth and all around his face. I felt so sad. How can he already be going grey? He's only 7. Sniff Sniff. I made him sit, so I could inspect him. (Had to make sure it wasn't dirt.) I was so surprised by the sudden onslaught of those pesky little hairs. It's like when you notice a wrinkle on your face for the first time. From that moment on, you will never again see your face without that wrinkle. Now, I know I will never again see my Dingo's face without those obvious signs of age. I'm thankful for the time I've had him, thankful for the time I will continue to have him, but am ever-reminded that the moments between the day I met him as a six-month old puppy and the day I have to say goodbye are far too few for me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If it makes you feel any better, my two-year-oldish German shepherd Lytle already has a little bit of grey under his chin. It's a reminder that life moves fast and that I'll be caring for an old dog-buddy before too long.
Jeff V.

KS said...

Thanks. I know. He's still young at heart and spunky as all get out, so that's all that matters. :-)

You Might Also Like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails