Wednesday, November 11, 2009

The Reason I Do This Blog Thing

Photobucket
Once again, this is Abby, my friend's 12 week old scared little puppy. She was hesitant about me. I'm only holding her because she was placed in my hands by my friend. I was in heaven, of course. I wished my younger son was with me to share in her cuteness.

Steffi
Photobucket
After leaving Abby's house, my friend and I drove to our former boss's (now officially a friend) house for a lunch to celebrate her birthday. She has two dogs and the first one is Steffi, seen above. She is a beautiful, leggy two-year old German Shepherd who has learned to share her house with...

George
Photobucket
George is an 8 month old Border Collie mix. You can see the intelligence in his eyes. He was very funny in his pestering the family cat, Emily. He tries to get her and she swats at him. It's a symbiotic relationship, indeed. Although, she seems annoyed, I think she actually likes the game!
Photobucket
Both Steffi and George sleep (on the bed!) in the master bedroom, so there is definitely no shortage of love, affection or attention for these two wonderful dogs.
Photobucket

Lucky
Photobucket
Photobucket
I met Lucky at the park while waiting for my older son at his soccer practice. My younger son kept saying, "Mommy, there's a Pug. Mommy, there's a Pug. Mommy, there's a Pug." Finally, I saw him and, of course, had to take pictures. We have a soft spot in our heart for Pugs and Lucky is a good one.

Rocky
Photobucket
Photobucket
Rocky is a seven-year old Beagle who belongs to one of my son's teammates. I met him also while waiting for soccer practice to end. I heard him first because he has the most soulful bark. It's just like you would imagine it to be. He was very focused on his surroundings and not too impressed with me or my camera, but I managed to get a few good shots. I was told he's not much of a people person (uh..dog) and that's ok. He's got work to do. There were squirrels around, you know!

Let's face it. The one true reason I started this blog is because it allows me to meet dogs. I finally have a legitimate excuse to go up to every one I see. Of course, the days, like today, when I have my camera make it all the more sweet because I get to document my experiences. Yesterday was such a wonderful "meet and greet" day for me and I wish that was my day, every day.

P.S.
Photobucket
So, as we all know, this is not a blog about pets, it's a blog about dogs. But, I have to put this cutie on this post today because she is an awesome cat. Her name is Emily and she lives with Steffi and George, who are featured above. She rules the house and definitely rules the dining room table, which is her lookout spot. She's the first featured cat on here and is much deserving of the honor.

Now, enough of that!

Much Love~KS



No comments:

You Might Also Like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails