Monday, October 18, 2010

Dog-Friendly Santa Cruz Vacation Rentals

October is a beautiful time to visit Santa Cruz. I wanted to highlight five dog-friendly vacation rentals in the area. I found these five listings on VRBO (Vacation Rentals By Owner). The number of rentals is staggering, so I had to set requirements in order to pick just five to feature. The requirements to be on today's list are as follows:

1. Dogs must be allowed.
2. The vacation rental needs to be walking distance to the beach.
3. The listing needs at least 5 positive visitor reviews.
4. The rental rate has to be $250/ night or less.
5. The pictures posted with the listing couldn't look like they were taken in 1955.

In regards to #5, all I can say is I'm a very visual girl and if someone is listing a vacation rental on a website with the intention of enticing me to stay there, the pictures better entice me to stay there. Get it? Ok.

This one is a personal favorite because I've actually been there, right in that back yard. Friends rented it last year for a week and it's fabulous. Their Australian Shepherd, Thunder, was welcome and he loved it. It's on 26th Avenue, right down the street from the greatest,
dog-friendly, local beach.

See what I mean about enticing pictures? Don't you just want to be right in that room? It's a 2 bedroom/ 1 bath abode that is a little more than two blocks to Twin Lakes Beach.

Another 2 bedroom/ 1 bath rental located blocks to Twin Lakes Beach. It's picture perfect exterior would lead me to believe that this is a good ole' fashioned beach cottage.

Don't worry. You don't have to mow it! This 2 bedroom/ 1 bath rental is only blocks to 26th Avenue beach. There's an outdoor shower, a fireplace and a flat screen t.v. What else do you need?

Last, but not least! This updated 1950's cottage is close to the beach, to shopping, a bakery and it has a jacuzzi. Family friendly, too.

So, it's way past my bedtime. I apologize for any typographical, grammatical or nonsensical errors. I'm on fumes and don't trust my proofreading skills right this minute

Stay tuned for more dog-friendly vacation rental highlights. I've got Aptos and Lake Tahoe on the Horizon.

Enjoy. Get out. Take a vacation.
Live life. That's what it's here for.™

Much Love~KS

No comments:

You Might Also Like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails