Monday, May 16, 2011

Decorating Dilemma


 I've been doing some redecorating projects for my youngest son's room and part of that has been the re-painting of some old, junked-up furniture. I took on this artsy project myself and decided to paint a couple of pieces of furniture black. Every room needs a little black, don't ya know? First up, was his desk.
 Next, the twin headboard and foot board both have a new coat of black paint as well. The rest of the room decor is still being decided.
But, my son does LOVES pugs. In fact, the only reason we don't have one (believe me, he begs...daily) is because I already have two dogs! So, I was really excited to find this:
It's a cool piece of artwork that I found at Marshalls for $16.99. I loved it for my son's newly decorated room because it's of a pug, it's a little edgy (like me!) and has lots of black to tie in with the newly painted furniture.
The problem? Dilemma? Well, it turns out the background of the picture is made up of wording from who knows what and my 9 year old has the nerve to actually READ said words! I didn't even read the background words. 

He came to me yesterday and said, "Mommy, my new picture has bad words on it." I went and looked at it and started to read the words and oh, yes there are some bad words, alright. Lots of them. Now, I don't know what to do. It's a great picture. It matches his room. It features a pug, but it has curse words on it. What's a mommy to do? More importantly, who is this kid and who taught him to read?!

No comments:

You Might Also Like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails