Wednesday, August 31, 2011

I'm A Finalist!

Congratulations to me! I just found out that I am a finalist for the Country Living's 1st Annual Blue Ribbon Blogger Awards! My category is Pets and I'm just about as excited as a Country Girl at heart ever could be. 

To be a finalist in anything associated to my favorite magazine is an award in itself. I am in good company with some other fabulous blogs and I am so proud. The winner won't be announced for a week or so, but I feel like I just won the lottery. If I am the winner, I get to go to New York and attend a Luncheon hosted by Country Living Magazine AND my blog will be featured in an upcoming issue of the magazine. Woof!

My little grass roots blog is my pride and joy. So far, I haven't made one single penny off of this wonderful creative outlet. It's never been about that. I do it because it makes me happy, lets me express my creative side and, most of all, it gives me an excuse to meet dogs!  To be recognized for doing something that you love is amazing! 

Of course, when I received notice that I was a finalist, I had to grab one of the many issues of the magazine that I have around the house and go outside and try to take a picture with Dingo and Buddy. As with many times before, my nine year old Lucas was the photographer and there are some crazy outtakes. Dingo wanted nothing to do with it and Buddy kept peeing because he was so nervous about why I was pulling him to sit next to me. (Note: He was a very bad boy today, but that's a post for tomorrow.)
 

There is also a Reader's Choice section of the contest and if you love me and the blog, please go vote for Blog Full of Dogs. We are already listed under Pets. How exciting is that?! 
Click on Logo above to go vote!




No comments:

You Might Also Like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails