Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Peacefully Exhausted

I've been away from the blog for a bit because my life is undergoing some dramatic changes and tonight is the first chance I've had to be online in a long time. In the last few weeks I've experienced so many moods, emotions, realizations and life changing stress. This week alone, I've had to move, rearrange, analyze details, give concessions, say good bye, say hello and say I'm sorry. Just today I had to unexpectedly disappoint some important people who were counting on me and I'm still processing the events of the day and of the year. I'm facing what is to come, while taking stock, taking control and trying to find my way. Unlike the last six weeks (especially the last 3 days) where I've been completely exhausted. Tonight, I'm peacefully exhausted. 

On a side note: I know that, recently, there has been a lot in the news about Steve Jobs. In that news, I discovered a kindred spirit. I read a quote from him and it resonated with me in a way that no one can possibly understand. I decided to make a copy of those words and I plan on having it laminated so that I can carry it with me always. His words that follow are haunting and I plan to live by them every single day for the rest of my life. In all of the chaos of my life the past week, the past month, the past year and, more importantly, the past five years, these simple words have broken through the noise and changed my life. Thanks, Mr. Jobs.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope things start looking up for you soon!

You Might Also Like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails