Thursday, October 20, 2011

Sad Day

This is Romeo. He died yesterday. He was the beloved Pug of my dear friend, Vicky. Five months ago, through some contacts, I found Romeo for her. She loved him. He needed her. She needed him. Yesterday, contractors at her house left a gate open and Romeo slipped out. Vicky noticed him missing right away. Within 5 minutes, Vicky's husband found Romeo lifeless under their orange tree in front of their house. Even though he was rushed to the emergency vet, he died from what they assume were injuries from being hit by a car. Vicky is very spiritual about it all. She is so grateful for the 5 months she got to know him and love him, but on the other hand she is stunned and devastated.  I'm speechless. I can't believe this is how Romeo's story ends. My heart is heavy. 

Rest easy, boy...



No comments:

You Might Also Like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails