Thursday, June 27, 2013

Dingo's Long Lost Love


 His full gaze is directed. He hasn't seen it for a very long time.

 I can shift my position, but it does nothing to deter his steadfast "look of love".

 Not even Lucas can distract him from what I have held high over my head. 

Aha...There it is. The object of his affection. It's his long lost love...the rope. Since we moved, he hasn't seen it and once he does, he's lost in happiness.

I slowly place it down on the picnic table, telling, him to "leave it". I make him stay there, looking at it, but not allowing him to take it.
Mean, I know. But, it's so much fun to see the love in his eyes. 

 Once he's been patient, I finally let him have it, but, of course, I don't let go. Where's the fun in that?


 I rarely get his full attention, so I take my time, enjoying his playful growls. 

Once, I release the rope, he runs away so that he can have his greatest love all to himself.  I don't blame him. I would do the exact same thing.

Then, because he's my dog (like mommy, like doggy) he brings his beloved rope over to enjoy the sunset with me, as I take my clothes down from the line.


Wishing everyone a Happy Weekend, full of fun, relaxation, snuggling, love, acceptance or whatever else floats your boat!


No comments:

You Might Also Like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails