Sunday, June 16, 2013

Happy Father's Day!

 Happy Father’s Day To My Wonderful Dad.

He is the best man I’ve ever known, In fact, although it’s cliche, after he was born, I know for a fact that they broke the mold. He’s incredibly smart, loves history, especially the Civil War, loves dogs and, whether he loves them or not, kids LOVE him. He was raised by a strong southern family, lead by a strong southern woman. He was a hard worker his whole life (just retired last year) and lives every day for the chance to take care of someone. As I was growing up, he was always in the kitchen, cooking something (fajitas and soups are his specialties) doing the laundry or watching baseball. He was and is a natural born caregiver and, since he lives in Illinois, I not only miss him very much, I’m sad that he’s not here because he would be the BEST role model for my fast growing boys. He has been surrounded by women his whole life and although he rolls his eyes at the what makes us different, he is the most respectful gentleman who every lived. He loved my mom, no matter what and believe me there were a lot of “whats” over the years. He’s happily re-married now and is probably still taking care of everyone in that household every day too. Envious of that? Well, maybe just a little. No matter how old,  a girl still needs her dad every now and then. I thank him for successfully taking on the role of raising me when I entered his life, as a shy, awkward 11 year old girl. What a lucky girl that I inherited him as a dad and I just want to say, thanks Daniel Randolph Jenkins for being the best dad/father/role model, friend and protector a girl could ever have. 

Also sending a special Happy Father’s Day to my husband, Martin. He lives for his sons and our combined love for those two boys is the glue that binds our family together. 

And, I just wanted to share this picture because Dingo LOVES this man. Since my husband works from home and I leave for work all day, Dingo has become so attached to his daddy. It doesn't matter that he's my dog. I found him. I protected him from said man during all the puppy years of him chewing our redwood fence posts ( I thought my husband was going to have a heart attack!), but now they have a bond and I just have to accept that I'm not number 1. 

To all the dads out there, have a Happy Father’s Day! Whether you have newborn or your children are grown up and married off, enjoy your special day. Grab a chair, maybe a beer, catch a sunset and you should be good to go!


No comments:

You Might Also Like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails