Saturday, June 15, 2013

Peace of Mind






My followers know that I have such a soft spot for this rescue organization. The focus on older dogs and ones that need extra special love and attention. This is the description from their website:

"Peace of Mind Dog Rescue is a resource and advocate for senior dogs and senior people on the Central Coast. We find loving homes for dogs whose guardians can no longer care for them and for senior dogs in shelters."

The name "Peace of Mind" is so fitting for the type of work they do. It's like they are saying to these wonderful 4 legged souls that they can now be free from worry, stress and anxiety because someone will love and take care of them no matter what, especially because they were left behind by the one they love. 

There are so many reasons why beautiful souls, like these, are left behind. You can go to the website and read each dog's individual story. People have many reasons for doing what they do and sometimes, leaving is the best thing that a stressed, worried or scared two legged soul could do at the time.


Preparing this post made me think about what gives me Peace of Mind. Unfortunately, it doesn't happen often for a busy mind like mine, but the times where I feel it are usually a result of the very simple things like a clean house (most peaceful), listening to music (music is my life), looking up at the night sky in Tahoe (no words), going out to eat with my boys (Mama time), relaxing outside with my dogs (also Mama time), listening to the scanner (Gladys Kravitz time), sunsets at the beach (no brainer time) and also things like, banana cream pie, shepherds' pie and banana Moon Pies (food time). Other more sentimental occasions that bring me a Peace of Mind are seeing someone that reminds me of my mom (I feel it's her telling me that she's with me and that everything will be ok.), going through boxes of old photos, end of the day snuggling with my boys (as long as they will let me, I'm there!) and beautiful, old-fashioned things, like receiving a wonderful handwritten letter in the mail.  (Never underestimate the power of a handwritten note.)

Wishing everyone a Saturday filled with happiness, love, forgiveness, understanding and Peace.

Thank you.
ILY...Always.
Then. Now. All of Eternity. 


Edited by KS, 6/15/13, 8:45pm

No comments:

You Might Also Like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails