Sunday, July 7, 2013

Beautiful Day In Santa Cruz County!


Because Dominic had a soccer game, I had to be dragged, kicking and screaming to Soquel today. :)

Actually, it was wonderful. The weather could not have been more perfect and look at my view, as I watched the game! Loved it. 

What does this have to do with dogs? Well, nothing really. My own had to stay home on this particular day, BUT...

because Domo had to be dropped off an hour in advance of the game, Lucas and I decided to pass the time by visiting the Aptos dog park, not too far away. It was amazing! The scenery surrounding the dog park is rural and green and everything smelled so good. All I kept thinking was, "I wish this was my backyard. Why isn't this my backyard? How can I make this my backyard?" I do think I spotted a trail on the side of the dog park. I registered that in my steel trap and will remember it when I'm looking for a new place to go for a walk.

If I had my nice camera, I would have taken some great action shots of the dogs at play, but it was just my phone today, so this one above was the best I could do. Poor Lucas was hoping to pet some dogs (why else would he agree to go with me?), but all of them were way too busy playing to stop for anything, even a belly rub.

I must admit, visiting a dog park without my dogs is a very "Kimberly" thing to do, but it was a fun way to pass an hour. There may have been a few questionable glances about why we were there without dogs of our own, but who cares! It's how I roll. Of course, I always keep my blog business cards on hand, so that I can explain my weirdness, if the need arises. So far, it hasn't. Whew.

 If you've never visited Santa Cruz County, you should. Tell her I sent you. 

Hope you all had a fantastic weekend! Mine included the laziest and most peaceful Saturday I've had in a million years (yeah, I'm that old) and my Sunday was all about my boys, soccer, dogs and Santa Cruz. Not looking foward to the work week, but am consoled by the fact that it's only 9 (NINE) days til Wapner. 

Peace Out, people. 


No comments:

You Might Also Like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails