Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Dingo and Buddy (and family) Go To Tahoe

 My dad flew in from Illinois the night before this trip to Tahoe. We all crammed in, ready to go!

 They picked me up from work at 3:30 pm (big mistake) and we hit the road. Because I get car sick, I sat in the front. But, it was also so my dad could be close to my boys. That's my "happy daughter" face.

Because we left San Jose, at the time we did, we got stuck in bumper to bumper traffic the entire way there. Here I posed with my dad, as we stopped for a much needed dinner break at BJs in Roseville. 

 After dinner, I switched seats with my dad, because I felt so bad that the trip was taking so long and he was crammed in the back. We had the windows down (hence, my hair do) which helped me not get so motion sick. 

Our cabin (during the daytime) ...finally. We didn't arrive until after 11pm and we couldn't see a thing. There are no streetlights and it's DARK. Of course, when I was packing for the trip, I told certain men in my life to make sure to bring a flashlight or head lamp because we may need it. Did they listen? Noooooooooooooo. So, thanks to Google Maps, we "arrived at our destination" in the pitch black darkness of the Tahoe National Forest and had to rummage our way, while walking across a foot bridge (that we didn't know was there) to the front door of this vacation abode. Ugh. Of course, I stayed in the car and awaited some light before I finally ventured in to the quiet, dark, but beautiful Tahoe night.



On that first morning, it took him mere minutes to find his "spot" and he did nothing, but pace around that deck the entire trip, just making sure that nothing escaped his protective glare.

Of course, this is all Buddy did the the entire trip. He just wanted back in the car, so we could go home and leave the scary place that he didn't know. 

 We did this...a lot. 

I savored all my early mornings doing nothing, but hanging out on the deck with my family and the huge Stellar's Jay that called the deck it's home.


This was Dingo's inside spot. Even on vacation, I don't let the dogs in the kitchen and this was a close as he could get without being in "Mama's kitchen". 

 He was on alert the entire time, it was nice to see him finally relax and enjoy a nice sun spot. 

Buddy's favorite spot is always on someone's lap. 

 Lucas' lap was so comfy this day, he fell asleep sitting up. 

We had lots of beach time. 

 Lots of family time. 

 Lots of Mama time and

Lots of special Papa time. 

 I did some gathering and made this for the dinner table. I lit the candles and just enjoyed that I was in my favorite place on earth. 

 On one of our many walks, Dingo and Buddy saw a friend. 

He (or she) came up, as if to play, and then just sat down and stared at us, as if she couldn't figure out what to do. 
 Buddy knows what to do...find a lap and own it. This time it was Papa's, who was picture perfect in his reading spot. 

My farewell walk. I didn't get to venture too far out on walks this time. Recently, a friend told me about the Flume trail and I wanted to go see it and experience it, but it was a bit far from where we were staying and my dad's knee wasn't really up for it anyway.

 Yep, same picture as before, but you get the idea. He just wanted to go home.

 So , we packed them up and headed to Tahoe City, for breakfast at Rosie's and one last important stop. 

 My favorite store in all of the West Shore. The fact that I'm mentioning shopping in my vacation tale is very special, as there is no one on the planet who hates shopping more than me. But, I make an exception for this gem in Tahoe City.

 It's filled with all things Kimberly and the visual happiness it brings me, makes up for the unhappy and unfriendly employees. (Sorry, I can't help it. They are just not friendly.)

But, they have this sweet intern, so I guess they can't be that bad, right? Right.
Every trip, I buy something for myself (mostly because no one else does, but, hey, I work hard. I can buy it myself!)  and this is the token I chose this time.  I bought my very first "Tahoe" gift on my 40th birthday trip. It's a necklace the shape of Tahoe and in the last 3 years, I've never taken it off. This trip, I wanted to buy a bracelet to match it, but none was to be found. I settled for this one instead.  It's all good. 

By the end of this trip, I realized that North Lake Tahoe is not only my favorite place on this earth, it's also the most beautiful. I don't care what anyone says. There is no place more beautiful and no place I'd rather be, any given minute of any given day.  It's beautiful, morning, noon and night. Ok, so, I must admit that during the summer,  it can be a little spooky at night, but lets not digress. 
 It's beautiful Winter, Spring, Summer and Fall (my favorite time). It's like God made it just for me. Every time I go, I fall in love with it all over again.  It's my life's love story and I can't wait to read the next chapter. 

Thanks for visiting. Hope you're somewhere being happy. 



No comments:

You Might Also Like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails