Monday, November 11, 2013

A Little Birdie Told Me...

Went to one of my favorite spots today. It's called the Queen's Chest and it's inside of a car wash in Campbell. I'm not a big shopper, but I love this little piece of heaven. I like to buy gifts from here, as it usually has things you don't see elsewhere and I always try to find one little thing each time I visit to take home with me. 

 Today, it was this special bird that caught my eye. I think she actually told me, "take me home". I don't like a lot of doo-dads or knick knacks, but she was just staring at me from the shelf in the store and she reminded me so much of my mom, that I just had to buy her. I don't know why she reminds me of my mom, but nevertheless, she was meant to come home with me. 

Dingo, of course, was fixated as soon as I took her out of the bag, so I gave in and let him get to know the little one. 

Then, I placed her on a shelf with my mom's lighthouses, surrounded by other much loved things I collect (snow globes, home design books) I'm not sure where the little birdie will stay permanently, but this location seemed appropriate for tonight. 

I'd like to give a huge Shout-Out! to November 2013. 
I'm so hopeful that it's better than my October. The 10th month of the year is usually my favorite, but the 2013 version was like a train wreck, for which I'm still recovering. It started out with buying a house ( I know, a good thing, but SO stressful), proceeded with moving (boxes still from one end to the other end of my house), continued with the reality of commuting (maybe renting wasn't so bad after all) and ended with my sweet Lucas falling and breaking his arm (3 hours in the ER, 2 hours in Ortho and countless hours waiting for and sitting through his surgery). His cast finally gets put on tomorrow and I can't wait to know there is a hard, protective shell surrounding his wounded arm. 

I'm desperately looking for more time to write, take pictures and be creative because I realize what a stress relief all of that is for me. More to follow...




No comments:

You Might Also Like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails