Sunday, January 19, 2014

A Sunday Drive

photo via  gwensewvintage

I've been searching vintage photos of dogs and I came upon this one. It's such a great snapshot in time of a man and his dog. Look how happy they both are. I assume it was taken in September of 1965.

I absolutely love going for long drives. Yes, it's changed a bit now that I commute daily. Driving long distances in traffic,  I don't enjoy. But, the long, don't have a real destination, just looking out at the scenery type of drives, are divine. They soothe my gypsy soul.  I grew up doing that. I'm not sure if it's a southern thing, but we really did go on Sunday drives. 

I think this picture was taken during their Sunday drive. They stopped somewhere along the way, maybe to go to breakfast, ( I also love going out to breakfast!) and took this picture.

A nice long drive is a wonderful way to spend a Sunday. That's not in the cards for me today, but I'm living vicariously through this photo I decided to share. 

Warmest wishes for a wonderful day.


No comments:

You Might Also Like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails