Friday, May 2, 2014

Friday Night Eyes and Other Stuff

I just got home and was STARVING because I have not eaten all day. It was that kind of day...not bad or negative, just busy. In fact, this sums it up. 


Once home, I just wanted something hot and tasty, but not laced with fat. I remembered I bought a "Skinny Burrito" (for the first time) at Whole Food this week.  I'm not much of a burrito person, but it's just what I needed right this minute. I microwaved it up and came to sit down on the couch. Hey, don't judge! Sometimes a girl wants to just sit down and eat her burrito on the couch. When I settled, I looked down and there they were. My Friday Night eyes, mesmerizing my burrito. Nope, boys. This one is just for me.

So, now I'm gonna be lazy, ignoring my chores that are always sitting over my shoulder ruining my weekend. I, seriously, need a day in between Saturday and Sunday. "Like what chores?", you ask.  Well! Let me just share one exceptional time suck. Below is a picture of the thorn in my side for the last two months. 
This is my downstairs bathroom in it's current state. A couple of months ago, it was engulfed in purple striped wall paper. In a moment of stupidity, I decided that removing the wall paper would be a great weekend project that I could tackle all by myself. The bathroom is the size of a postage stamp, so how hard could it be? HA! It's been such a hock of crock (yes, that's my own made up expression and it just describes this project like no other.)

Whoever invented wall paper is evil because taking it off is worse than hell. I just got done...two months later. Ok, so, maybe, I took a month off because I was going mad, but that's besides the point. It was such a horrible experience that I can't imagine that the final product will be worth it. The wall paper covered all kinds of defects in the wall that now it's turned in to such a huge project. I sanded all the walls last weekend and my husband started to patch, but it's just never ending. I just want it done. But, instead of spending my Friday night in there,  I am watching an episode of Austin City Limits (for the 50th time..or so) I recorded with Jason Isbel and I'm as happy as a bird with a french fry. My boys make fun of me that I watch this episode all the time, but I love it because music makes me happy and right now I just want a dose of happy. 

If you want to see one of my favorite songs (Cover Me Up) on this episode, click here. 
It's soul food.

"But I made it through
'Cause somebody knew
I was meant for someone

So girl leave your boots by the bed/we ain't leavin' this room
Til someone needs medical help or the magnolias bloom
It's cold in this house and I ain't goin' out to chop wood
So cover me up and know you're enough to use me for good"

Just want to end with a shout out to my Domo. His soccer team, Almaden Mercury Green won the NorCal NPL Championships League last week in Davis and will now represent Northern California at the National competition in North Carolina in July. Greensboro here we come!

No comments:

You Might Also Like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails