Sunday, November 30, 2014

When Will I See You Again?

Picture above © Copyright Jonah N. Kessel.

I love this beautiful photograph by Jonah N. Kessel. It was taken around the Lake Tahoe area, obviously not any time in recent memory, given the amount of snow on the ground. Please visit the site so you can see the photo in full resolution. It's amazing. 

For some reason, I've got major snow on my mind. I keep wondering when I will see it again. Every storm that comes through pushes me to check my Tahoe online webcams, with nothing very exciting to report. To be honest, I'm not much of a snow bunny. I don't ski. I don't snowboard. What I do the best is sit by the fire all day long, enjoying the silence in the house, as everyone else is outside working up a sweat and flying through the sky with their boards and such. I enjoy the snow, for more of the beauty it brings and I'd rather be home cooking for everyone, so that when they return, I can take care of them that way and hear all about their adventures in the great outdoors.

Speaking of snow adventures, last night, Lucas and I watched the most amazing movie on Netflix. It is titled the Art of Flight. It was random that we chose it to watch, but it when I saw the preview snapshot, it just pulled me in. It can get a little repetitive and these are extreme snow boarders in crazy terrain and circumstances, but the result is a fabulous escape for the virtual snow bunny in me. The cinematography is insanely good and I can see why it took them over 2 years to complete this film.
 
I have a friend who is an expert skier and has been hitting the slopes his whole life. He's been a ski instructor for years and was trying to become a part of the ski patrol at Bear Valley in California. He has only been and will only ever be a skier. His comments about snowboarders, I could never repeat here. But, when I watched this movie last night, I couldn't help but get caught up in the beauty of the scenery, the beauty of the lifestyle and the beauty of how some people just live their life doing what they love...free..bold...unapologetic.
 
Sorry, Tom. :)
 
Here's the trailer, if you're interested. 



No comments:

You Might Also Like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails