Friday, December 26, 2014

Bittersweet Time...


Like all of us in my house, Buddy is sad and missing his big brother Dingo. It's so weird to think that, somehow, he knows what happened. I'm spoiling him as much as I can and hope that is helping. He will not leave my side when I am home and I think he keeps looking for Dingo, which is really hard for me to watch. It's still so new and overwhelming for me, but giving Buddy extra love and attention helps a bit. I had to walk out of church on Christmas Eve because the music and singing were just too painful, especially when they started singing Silent Night. That song is so beautifully sad on a good day and to hear it right now was too much for my broken heart. My boys are being strong, but I know how heartbroken my oldest son, Dominic, is. He doesn't show emotion too much and this was very hard for him, which made it all the more painful for me. When my youngest son Lucas saw me crying so much, he said "Mom, don't be sad for Dingo. He's with God", it was just about the sweetest thing for him to say and I realized that is how he is coping. It makes him feel better to think Dingo is in a better place. 

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and all that jazz...



No comments:

You Might Also Like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails