Sunday, April 26, 2015

The Beach Was Calling...


















Last night around 6pm, I went outside to get something from my car. When I did, I realized what a beautiful evening it was going to be. When I walked back in the house and realized everyone in my family was doing something on technology, I said, "ok, let's go to the beach!" Of course, I got some push back from my teenage boys, "what? now? why? But, I was going to watch a movie? How long will we be gone? Blah...blah...blah...

But, I put my mama foot down and within 20 minutes, we left, dogs and all. The trip over the hill was a tight one, as we had a rental car for the day. It's a mid-sized sedan and we wanted to take it because it's a nice, brand new car, but with the four of us and two dogs, it was cramped, to say the least. We had the rental car for a day or two because we are down to one car right now. Why, you ask? Well, about a month ago, on a beautiful, sunny, Sunday afternoon, one of our cars was stolen, right from the front of our house, while we were home. Then the wonderful, upstanding citizens who took it, drove it to Morgan Hill and crashed it in to a ditch, totaling the car and leaving it filled with all sorts of disgusting items, including a blue bandana wrapped around the rear view mirror.  I just love San Jose, people. It's the best place to live...ever. I can't imagine every leaving it. I mean, where else can you live in a neighborhood made up of multi-million dollar homes and still have your car stolen, in the middle of the day, while you are home. Sorry, I digress.

Buddy was so happy because he got to sit up front, on my lap, and be the co-pilot. 

Which means, of course, he got to have the best view.

Sandy was assigned the role of "back seat driver",  where she discovered Dominic's lap makes a great pillow. 

Oh, my goodness. Look at that smile. It says, "ok, mom. You were right. This is so much better than being cooped up at home." :)

We did have to dress in layers, as it was a bit cool, but very, very beautiful.

The sunset was amazing, as always. 

Now, this is my kind of evening...being held close by my first born son, who I know will never leave me. :)

Her second time at the beach and she was taking it all in. 

While also living up to her name, as she can dig in the sand for hours. She, actually, won't stop unless you make her. 



3rd time's the charm. Not sure what song my kids were singing, but I think they may have a future in Drama. 

I'm looking forward to many more evenings at the beach in the coming months. Santa Cruz County is incredibly beautiful and being so close is one of the best things about where I live.



No comments:

You Might Also Like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails