Thursday, February 18, 2016

I'm Dreaming of Dog Crates

See this BEAUTIFUL dog crate? For the past six months it's what I've been dreaming of...
Seriously, Kimberly? Dreaming of a dog crate? YES!

Since we got our Sandy, I've really come to love and rely on the dog crate. She came crate trained, which is a gift from above. She sleeps in the crate at night and that is where she goes whenever we are not home. It is a safe place for her and when she's in there, I get a peace of mind knowing she's not going to destroy anything while we are gone. Since she is still young, we can't leave her free roaming in the house because all kinds of things can happen. If I'm being totally honest, I also worry that, when we are gone, someone could break in to our house and if Sandy is free roaming, there is a chance she could get out of the house and lost. If she's in the crate, I feel like that won't happen. Hey, don't be jealous. It's how my mind rolls.


Right now, Sandy's crate is the standard black wired one and it's right next to my side of the bed. Because of that, I'm missing out on having a night stand, although I do treat the crate as one, with a fabric drape, lamp and my "kimberly stuff" (books, iPad, glasses, remote) on top. I've considered all types of options, like getting a piece of wood to put on top, so that I can have more of a table top for my things. No matter what, it will end up just looking podunk

Ok, so the word podunk is supposed to be a noun, but I use the word as an adjective in my life. I'm from Kentucky. We do that.


But this is what I'm wishing it looked like! Isn't this the most beautiful piece of useful furniture? I would pick a stain color more matching my other bedroom furniture, but other than that, it's perfect! 


These crates are made by a company I found on Etsy, Hunt Ridge Ranch.


Please visit their Etsy shop. Those that take raw materials and make something so beautiful (and useful) are amazing. The prices for these crates are not for the faint of heart, but I'm just so in awe of their work and craftsmanship, that I think the prices are justified, if it's in your budget. These are handmade and the quality shows. Of course, these beauties are not in my budget so that's why I'm dreaming of them...


All crate images from Hunter Ridge Ranch Etsy site. 

Speaking of Sandy. Here's my princess. She's so beautiful Every day I tell her she looks just like a supermodel. This is her "but, mom, why can't I just sleep on your bed? I'll be good. I promise." look.



No comments:

You Might Also Like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails